Thursday 9 June 2016

Euro 2016 Food Challenge!

There's some madness starting tomorrow, and I'm not just talking about football.  An old school friend of mine, and confirmed football nut, recently put out the idea of a challenge to cook an meal from each of the 24 Euro 2016 nations during the tournament.  I'm always up for a random, slightly pointless challenge, especially if food is involved, so I jumped on this wholeheartedly.  We've managed to get some more people roped in, including some other people from my Slimming World group, and now we've got a Facebook group set up to share the results and recipes too. 

The "rules", if you can call them that, are to prepare a dish from each of the competing nations while the competition is on between 10 June and 10 July. That means 31 days to prepare 24 dishes.  Cooking isn't essential, as long as some sort of assembly is involved (sandwiches or salads, for example).

Obviously I'll be doing Slimming World recipes for each of my dishes.  Thursday is my meal planning day (before big shop on Friday!) and I must say I've had a lot of fun researching different recipes today.  I was getting a bit bored of the same old stuff so I'm hoping this challenge will get some new dishes in my repertoire. 

I'll be posting each recipe I make on here as I go.  If anyone else wants to join in, here's a link to our facebook page:



There's a form loaded on the "files" section to record your results, or you can make your own.  The competing countries are listed below... some easy, some not so easy... thank goodness for the power of Google.
  • Albania
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Croatia
  • Czech Republic
  • England
  • France
  • Germany
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Italy
  • Northern Ireland
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Republic of Ireland
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • Slovakia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Turkey
  • Ukraine
  • Wales

No comments:

Post a Comment